Friday, March 28, 2008

Clip from ABC Primetime



Ali Khan, Executive Director of the American Muslim Council, Chicago sent a link to this video. Watch how people react to an actor discriminate against a Muslim woman.

There was a little bit of a discussion on the Shiachat Web site about the Muslim woman hugging the man at the end--touching is not really done according to some people posting messages but many other people commented that it was OK because he was emotional, it was on TV, and it showed the politeness of the woman not to refuse the compassion.

I know the discrimination is real. I work part-time in a pharmacy and two customers asked a Muslim man who used to work there if he was a terrorist. He and I talked about it and I always wanted to ask the next customer who said something that stupid, "How do you know I am not a terrorist" just to see the look on the offender's face but I did not get a chance to do that.

--Kay Shelton

No comments: